Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Social Media Explodes Again!!!

Everyday, journalists and bloggers are writing about the new power of social media. Today I found three articles on MSN.com about facebook... How to Live Your Entire Life on Facebook, 10 Tips for Facebook Power Users, and the best one, Are Boomers Killing Facebook and Twitter? ... Is this new power really reserved for the young?
This BOOMER thinks not...
Yes I am on facebook, twitter, linkedin, smallworld, MYSOI and this blog. I own an iphone, blackberry, several ipods, a Mac and a 2 wireless laptops. But not to make me "feel part of the younger generation" as the article suggests. Rather "being connected" has become a necessity. Who among us hasn't asked or been asked to "PLEASE PUT THE BLACKBERRY DOWN"? MY MOTHER IS ON FACEBOOK!!!!
In my social media classes, I suggest to my agents that they not just go on these sites, simply to be there, but that they first formulate their objective for "being there". Once you establish and recognize your motives, you work backward from there to accomplish your goals (no matter how old you may be ;-))...
So is progress for the young or young at heart????

No comments:

Post a Comment